Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bugs in the Big City

Bedbugs like cities; lots of warm bodies to snuggle up to I suppose. In India, they are taking over the dorms of the Indian railway men, who are complaining to their bosses. They collect the insects to show them proof, but it was not clear from the article, posted at bedbugger.com - if these are live or dead.
The Indians are wise to collect the bugs - I have 3515 in a bottle of alcohol, so they are not getting out. The press in NY has ignored my pleas for them to do this story - NY Post is a pathetic joke, with Amber Sutherland, who is noted for her plagiarism, and a receptionist who just wasted my time yesterday.And no word from Juan Gonzalez at the NY Daily News whom I emailed. On Thursday, my hotel will send in exterminators, but I can find no listing for them - Superb - so I suspect they are unregistered. Who knows what they are spraying. We can all lose our tourism industry due to these bugs.And oh, got a reply from the DHCR on Sat., 24 July, telling me that the landlord claims the mice, roaches and bedbugs were taken care of. It was dated 21 July and said I had 5 days to respond if this was not the case. It sure wasnt't. But getting up there on such short notice was a pain - I tried to get their # off the net, but a real person does not answer the phone, so my hope of faxing them was out. Had to take the train to Harlem, and proceed to 133rd and B'way and find 94 Old B'way, which is an obscure street that only exists between 131st and 133rd. Got them just before 4pm, which is the deadline, and they looked at the form like they'd never seen it before...probably they haven't had anyone make this last minute deadline which is slanted towards the landlords in an age of new laws giving away much to landlords. But I got it in, and made them give me a copy with their seal as proof of delivery.So we will see. If anyone out there gives a damn - including any journalists, get off your butt and get in touch with me. But then, some say I bark too loud; so you may just prefer to sit there and do nothing and have the bite of the bugs.
( you can contact us at bugout77@hotmail.com )

1 comment:

  1. Someone emailed Juan Gonzalez of the NYDN and he has not replied? No surprise. They are a lazy pack of fools. Maybe he's just a Russian spy, and who knows, maybe the Russians are behind the bedbugs. Just being conspiratorial...it matters not who gains from our misery, what matters is that the city officials, the mayor, and members of the press do their jobs.
    These bugs have the abilily to make NY unlivable - especially as we are all living so close to each other. Every day hundreds of these bugs travel from this hotel, named Ground Zero by those of us watching the situation - and can breed into the million in a year.

    ReplyDelete